Monday, May 2, 2016

Queen Sonja and Crown Princess Mette-Marit lay the foundation stone for the new National Museum.

Photo: Heiko Junge/NTB Scanpix
The foundation stone of the new National Museum was laid today. Queen Sonja and Crown Princess Mette-Marit attended together the ceremony. The ceremony took place at the triangle plot by Western Railway in Oslo, where the National Museum is expected to be completed in 2019, opening the following year.
Together, the Queen and Crown Princess let foundation stone casket. The coffer contains a Coat of arms of Norway, drawings of the building, construction documents, a årssett of coins, a årssett of stamps, invitation and guest list for the foundation laying ceremony. With the casket in a sack, performance artist Tori Wrånes was hoisted up by a crane and transported over the construction site where the stone would be laid down. Live music and a salute from boats at the docks gave a masterful setting for the event.

Photo: Heiko Junge/NTB Scanpix
The new National Museum was designed by the German architect Klaus Schuwerk. On the site there are at least 800 people working on the building, and the area is over 54,000 square meters. The total exhibition area will be 13,000 square meters, the equivalent of two football fields.
The new National Museum will be a continuation of the National Museum, established as Norway's first public art museum by the Parliament in 1837. Later, this, along with the Museum of Decorative Arts, Museum of Architecture, and the Museum of Contemporary Art, merged into National Museum of Art, Architecture and Design, Oslo in 2003.

Photo: Heiko Junge/NTB Scanpix
Statsbygg is responsible for the construction of the new museum. An estimated 750,000 visitors will stop by each year.

Share:

1 comment:

  1. EDWARD JONES FINANCE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET A LOAN {Jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com} Text +1(307) 241-3712,
    God bless you sir, I will not stop telling the world about your kindness in my life, I am a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Emily Thomas and I am from Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, FL . A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about EDWARD JONES FINANCE, that they can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. I have been in a financial mess for the pass 7 months now, She advised I give it a try so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation to him, he therefore took me through the loan process and gave me a loan of $390,000.00 at a very low interest rate of 2% and today I am a proud business owner and can now take good care of my kids, If you must contact any firm to get any amount of loan you need with a low interest rate of 2% and better repayment schedule, please contact EDWARD JONES FINANCE email:- {Jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com} OR Text +1(307) 241-3712 or go to there page on jonesloans.bravesites.com

    ReplyDelete