Monday, June 2, 2014

Comment on King Juan Carlos I's abdication.


Following Spain's King Juan Carlos abdication, King Carl XVI Gustaf gives the following comment: 
I have received notification that Spain's King Juan Carlos plans to abdicate.
King Juan Carlos became King and head of state in 1975. Since then he has meant much of Spain's democratization process and he has contributed positively to the development of Spain.
I, and my family, have met King Juan Carlos and the Spanish royal family many times. We have always appreciated a lot to meet the entire Royal Family. I remember, among other things particularly well the Spanish State Visit to Sweden in 1979.
As I reached the news that King Juan Carlos has chosen to abdicate, I want to give King Juan Carlos my great appreciation and thanks for a very good and fruitful cooperation.  
King Carl XVI Gustaf
Share:

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment