King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will pay an official visit to the Netherlands at the invitation of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima. The visit on 4-5 April 2014 is carried out on the occasion of 400 anniversary of the diplomatic relations between Sweden and the Netherlands.
Friday, April 4th
- 13.50 - Arrive at Koninklijk Paleis op de Dam in Amsterdam. King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima receives the King and Queen.
- 14:50 - Innovation Seminar at the Swedish Chamber of Commerce. King distributes export to Swedish companies.
- 15.15 - Queen Maxima and Queen Silvia visit the district Hogeweyk in Weesp, a residential area that is specially designed for people with dementia.
- 17.45 - After the boat trip makes King Parenting a short walking tour through Amsterdam to the castle.
- 19.30 - Official shooting at Koninklijk Paleis op de Dam.
- 19:55 - King Willem-Alexander and King Carl XVI Gustaf gives the starting signal for a projection of the painting Claudius Civilis by Rembrandt at the palace.
- 20.30 - Banquet at the Royal Palace.
Saturday, April 5
- 09:55 - Swedish King and Queen arrive at the Rijksmuseum. Tour of the museum.
- 11.00 - King Willem-Alexander and Máxima Queen arrives at the Rijksmuseum where Rembrandt Batavernas oath seconded from Sweden appears.
- 11.30 - Book view The Swedes and the Dutch were made for eachother
- 12.10 - The King and The pairs appear before the Declaration of Diplomatic Relations signed on 5 april 1614.
- 12:40 - The visit to the Rijksmuseum ends with a lunch where the King and Queen's host couple.
- 14.30 - Farewell. King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia bid farewell to King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima. The visit ends.