HRH The Crown Princess will pay an official visit to New York at the UN Women's Commission 58 Collection.
The Crown Princess as a member of the High Level Task Force on ICPD will pay an official visit to New York at the UN Women's Commission 58 meeting on 10-11th march 2014.
Building on her global work for girls, women and especially maternal health and rights involved, the Crown Princess will participate on the first days of the session, whose focus is "Challenges and results of the implementation of the UN's 2015 goals for girls and women." In addition, the Crown Princess will participate in a series of thematic meetings on the subject.
The Crown Princess program in New York also includes a business-related event.
Monday 10 March
- Crown Princess gives the opening speech at the public hearing, "Investing in Girls and Women : Everybody Wins" on the societal benefits of improving girls' and women's conditions and rights. The meeting is organized by the Women Deliver organization and the Danish UN mission. Senior officials from the UN, executives from the private sector, politicians and civil society representatives will attend.
- The Crown Princess participates in the official opening of the UN Women's Commission 58 collection.
- The Crown Princess attends a Danish-British -led meeting " Everyday sexism and hate speech - what are consequences for women's empowerment and equal opportunities ? " Gender discrimination in everyday life and its consequences.
- The Crown Princess will visit the United Nations Population Fund , UNFPA, in her capacity as patron of the organization. Here the Crown Princess will meet the Director of UNFPA, Dr.Babatunde Osotimehin , and Deputy Executive Director of UNFPA, Anne- Birgitte Albrechtsen .
- The Crown Princess will attend a dinner with UN Ambassador Ib Petersen, Denmark's Permanent Mission to the UN in New York , the official Danish delegation led by the Minister for Children, Equality , inclusion and social conditions.
Tuesday 11 March
- The Crown Princess attends as guest of honor an event organized by the American Haemophilia Society ( National Hemophilia Foundation) and Novo Nordisk, which marks an ongoing partnership to improve opportunities for people with hemophilia and bleeding disorders. The Crown Princess will have an opportunity to meet local families with bleeding children and members of the U.S. bleed Association youth group, Connect for Bleeding Disorders .
- As a member of the High Level Task Force on ICPD, the Crown Princess will participate on the hearing, "Fulfilling the Promise of Equality " to promote girls' and women's rights , thereby increasing gender equality.
- As a member of the High - Level Task Force on ICPD, the Crown Princess will participate in the panel discussion "Linking HIV, Gender Equality, and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Every Women and Every Child Initiative & the Post- 2015 Social Justice Agenda " .
- The meeting will begin with speeches by UN Secretary General Ban Ki -moon , the Executive Director of UN Women Phumzile Mlambo - Ngcuka and Executive Director Michel Sidibé .
Note : The program is preliminary and is continuously updated